Red Valve is looking for a Quality Inspector to join our Quality Team. The Quality Inspector will be accountable for a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, and parts, at various stages of the production process. The Quality Inspector ensures that company remains in compliance required quality and reliability standards.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop detailed procedures, processes, tools, equipment, and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position and may lead, train, assign and check the work of employees that are accountable for building product.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the desire and ability to drive change, identify business needs, areas of improvement and objectives through research and data backed decision making that will empower them to make recommendations on appropriate business initiatives.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Red Valve was acquired by DeZURIK on January 1, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Ensure quality of manufactured goods by inspecting finished goods.
- Examine materials from suppliers before sending them to production
- Inspect components, subassemblies, and assemblies
- Perform quick visual inspections
- Perform complex tests using instruments and equipment
- Test, measure, and analyze products
- Take samples for testing
- Ensure company is meeting the standard codes in the manufacturing process
- Record pass/fail grade of products
- Produce detailed reports
- Comply with various ISO operating procedures, work instructions
- Observe dials, gauges, and indicators to make sure that a machine is working properly
- Count numbers of products tested or inspected
- Process associated documentation including process tags, rework tags and nonconforming material documents
- Responsible for final inspection with signoff and authorizing the product to be moved onto the next steps of process
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to improve Company processes and products.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations and maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- Participation in special projects and other duties may be assigned, including Kaizen events and other continuous improvement/lean activities
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 0-2 years of quality or other related business experience
- Experience in a fast paced, low volume/high mix manufacturing environment is preferred
- Practical understanding of Lean business practices and Continuous Improvement process implementation.
- Excellent time management, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read, interpret and work from drawing, specifications, and standards.
- Ability to inspect parts & components to tight tolerances and specifications
- Required: Basic ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Required: Intermediate knowledge and skills in the use of standard mechanical and electrical instruments, gauges, and test rigs.
- Required: Basic ability to work under direct supervision and to follow written instructions and techniques.
- Required: Basic ability to write simple correspondence.
- Required: Basic efficient time management
- A hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Is experienced with product failures and can determine liability associated with product failure.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication.
- Experience in Quality methods used to problem solve; FMEA and determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled