The Supervisor coordinates and supervises the daily activities of a support, production or operations team and will set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and will coordinate work activities with other supervisors. Leads the team in a work cell to meet demand and to ensure maximum production quantity and quality per the production schedule. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the desire and ability to identify business needs, areas of improvement and objectives through research and data backed decision making that will empower them to make recommendations on appropriate business initiatives.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Develop, maintain and motivate an effective work force by supervising the production team through daily management.
- Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with company and governmental safety regulations and codes.
- Adhere to established production schedules and maintain manufacturing efficiency and quality against established standards.
- Recommend means of improving product quality in cooperation with the Quality Assurance Department.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend ways of increasing productivity through improved methods, equipment, or other means. Identify root cause of issues and coordinate permanent corrective action.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and adhere to authorized budgets.
- Support product development and design activities. Expedite and coordinate prototype testing as required.
- Develop and complete action plans toward the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the Company’s Business Plan.
- Actively participate in lean/continuous improvement activities to improve Company processes and products.
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop team members
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance to the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a college or university in business, operations, or other related field; and a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in operations management and production supervision.
- 4+ years of related manufacturing experience, preferably in a low-volume, high mix environment
- 2+ years of supervisory/manager experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required
- Effective communication, both written and oral
- Self-starter; able to drive results without active direction
- Excellent organizational skills
- Practical understanding of Lean business practices and how to lead in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience utilizing an ERP system to manage production, preferably Epicor
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with manufacturing processes
Employee must be able to travel 10% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender