Pay: $18.50 per hour
Sign-On Bonus: $1,000
Red Valve Gastonia is looking for a Material Handler to join our Logistics Team. The Material handler will be accountable for the movement, protection, storage and control of materials and products throughout manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, consumption and disposal.
The material handler maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory. Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Receive and unload freight both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Checks for damaged goods, verifies quantity and quality of orders.
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Ensure all incoming and or outgoing materials match the company orders or internal request for the movement of supplies between plant 1 and plant 2.
- Store supplies in assigned locations using applicable boards, pallets and etc.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory.
- Record the number of units handled and moved every day using shipping and receiving departmental assigned sheets.
- Operate various machinery including booms, cranes, and forklifts to handle materials and inventory.
- Analyze pick sheets based on clients' orders or managerial directives and pull the appropriate products for each order or request.
- Track supply levels and regularly provide updates to direct supervisor.
- Contact vendors for pick-ups or returns.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations and maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- Participation in special projects and other duties may be assigned, including Kaizen events and other continuous improvement/lean activities
- Minimum of one year of material handling experience, preferably in a industrial setting
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- The ability to multitask is essential job function for this role.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, and professionalism
- Basic mathematical abilities
- Must be able to take direction and work as part of a team
- Ethical conduct
- Experience operating various equipment typical in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to forklifts, pallet jacks, booms, cranes, hoists, etc., as well as various hand power tools.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen
- Preferred: Basic computer skills
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of one year related manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in manufacturing.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender