Red Valve Gastonia is looking for a Production Team Leader
to join our Manufacturing Team. The Team Leader assist the supervisor and organizes and performs a full range of duties that require thorough understanding of departmental organization, functions, policies, and procedures.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepared the production floor for daily production
- Working with Production Supervisor the Production Lead monitors daily production and adjust production based on staffing, requested bills and inventory.
- Review production set-ups for accuracy and quality requirements.
- Assist with trouble shooting of builds etc.
- Train new and existing employees in various areas of operations.
- Assist with quality checks in effort to decrease reject numbers.
- Report issues/problems to immediate Supervisor.
- Working with Supervisor to conduct periodic audits to ensure that clocking, labeling etc. are completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure that document control is being completed properly. i.e., Serial # and Builder # placement.
- Providing mentorship to new and existing employees as needed.
- Applicable communication between shifts.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to improve Company processes and products.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations and maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- Participation in special projects and other duties may be assigned, including Kaizen events and other continuous improvement/lean activities
Team Leader’s responsibilities include training employees, assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work, as well as addressing complaints and resolving work-related challenges.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of one year related manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in manufacturing.
- 0-2 years of manufacturing experience
- Builder knowledge (Preferred Not Required)
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Basic mathematical abilities and computer skills
- Basic ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Must be able to take direction and work as part of a team
- Basic ability to read, write, and communicate
- Ethical conduct
- Basic ability to read blueprints and build sheets
- Ability to operate mandrels, cranes, hoists, and other various equipment typical in a manufacturing environment, as well as various hand power tools (Preferred Not Required)
- Ability to perform physical manufacturing work, good mechanical aptitude
- Experience working with the following materials is preferred: rubber, elastomers, metals
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender