will perform the detailed design and development of mechanical products/components using AutoCad software, and in accordance with established company policies, procedures, and objectives. This position will also be responsible for supporting continuous improvement of legacy products, and modifying existing products to simplify manufacturing, reduce cost, and support new customer applications.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Red Valve was acquired by DeZURIK on January 1, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Produce detailed fabrication drawings of valve parts, components, and assemblies and mixing system piping manifolds while meeting time constraints
- Understand dimensioning, clearances, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and perform tolerance stack-up analysis
- Create and enter part numbers and bill of materials into ERP system
- Develop submittal packages for products and systems, Installation & Operation manuals for projects, and action plans
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to improve Company processes and products. Including Develop/update CAD “best practices” and/or standard work instructions
- Participate and coordinate in the resolution of quality and production problems, including working directly with outside vendors to assist with drawing interpretation and to obtain part costs. Work on shop floor, customer and vendor sites as required, document all changes, recommend corrective action, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide design support to ensure efficient transition of newly developed products into production status. Produce/support technical documentation (catalogs, manuals, etc.)
- Develop creative design solutions, in accordance with project goals, utilizing concurrent engineering methods to address cost, manufacturability, maintainability, and reliability.
- Perform design and drafting work following design standards and procedures with little or no supervision.
- Training new hires, temp to hires so that they perform/meet and exceed what is asked of them.
- Check employees work and review for accuracy and consistency.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to improve Company processes and products.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations and maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- Participation in special projects and other duties may be assigned, including Kaizen events and other continuous improvement/lean activities
Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Mechanical Engineering Technology or in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD); or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in mechanical engineering or design.
- 2+ years of experience in basic mechanical design
- Previous valve or process equipment experience is preferred
- 3+ years of extensive 2D AutoCAD experience
- 3D modeling experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge in any of the following areas is desirable
- Fluid flow – pressure, flow rate, velocity.
- Machine/mechanical design – Plates, shafts, structural shapes, weldments, gears
- Ability to review and understand indented bills of materials, plans, prints, and specifications
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
Some travel may be required up to 10%.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled