Red Valve Gastonia is looking for a Machinist
to join our Machine Shop Team. The Machinist will be accountable for setting up, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting manufacturing production equipment to manufacture products according to production specifications, schedules, volume/cost/wastage targets, and quality standards.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Red Valve was acquired by DeZURIK on January 1, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Correctly reads job specifications from build sheet/work order/blueprint/specification, to determine exact material required and machines materials to produce sub-assemblies or finished products
- Set up and operate multi-axis machining centers
- Responsible for tool identification and assessment for applicable job request
- Understand G Code programming
- Manufacture parts to meet production and quality requirements
- Ensures that all equipment and tools are maintained in working order
- Tracks production via daily management and ERP system
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards
- May need to operate a forklift
- Comply with all safety and health regulations and maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- Participation in special projects and other duties may be assigned, including participation in Kaizen events and other continuous improvement/lean activities
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or three (3) years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 1 to 3 years’ CNC experience (CNC Lathe experience required)
- 1 to 3 years’ experience running Lathe equipment and or machinery, as well as setup and manual operation
- 1 to 3 years’ experience with blueprints and tolerances
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in an industrial environment
- Demonstrate a high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Basic mathematical abilities
- Basic ability to read, write, and communicate
- Ability to operate mandrels, cranes, hoists, and other various equipment typical in a manufacturing environment, as well as various hand power tools
- Ability to perform physical manufacturing work; good mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to take direction and work as part of a team
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender