The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the supply chain, which include the overall supply chain strategy, material procurement, inventory control, rate setting, outsourcing, vendor selection, and distribution and ensure that departmental personnel are focused on continuous improvement initiatives. A successful candidate will have a proven track record in lean procurement processes and APICS Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) experience. This position will manage the materials and logistics teams. In partnering with vendors this position will create initiatives based on the Voice of Customer and customer satisfaction to help in creating a “world class customer service” image. This position will use research and analysis to make data-based decisions to deliver key strategies, objectives, process improvements and metric alignment that will result in cost reduction, cost avoidance, risk management and service/quality improvements.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Red Valve was acquired by DeZURIK on January 1, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Complete ownership of the supply chain including strategic development and tactical execution
- Define overall supply chain needs and develop new and existing sources
- Create and enforce contracts to support Quality, Delivery, and Cost objectives
- Manage asset utilization through maximizing inventory turns
- Develop and implement cost reduction projects
- Own make vs. buy (in-sourcing/out-sourcing) decisions to support overall business needs
- Develops relationships with key suppliers
- Development of global supply chain capacity management strategies consistent with our long-term goals of driving profitability.
- Leader who can motivate, inspire, and develop team members
- Owns the implementation and support of lean and continuous improvement activities for the supply chain. Plan, propose, lead, and execute value stream mapping and team-based continuous improvements to execute improvements and efficiencies
- Champion the development and implementation of consistent controls, policies and procedures throughout operations and supply chain.
- Partner with key suppliers on win-win initiatives to support lean Value Stream (including Value-Engineering, payment term changes, T&L options, etc.)
- Develop and implement a supplier scorecard process (PPM, OTD, PPV) to provide dynamic feedback on performance, and drive improvement plans
- Must be willing to work side by side with team members on the floor, executing the tactical supply chain initiatives
- Comply with all safety and health regulations and maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- Participation in special projects and other duties may be assigned, including Kaizen events and other continuous improvement/lean activities
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance to the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Operations, Supply Chain, or Business. Master’s degree preferred.
- Positive can-do attitude and an energetic work ethic
- 8+ years of procurement and/or supply chain experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment
- Preferably in a low volume high mix product portfolio
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/management role
- Including managing remote employees
- Experience implementing material flow systems
- Strong contract development, negotiation, and management skills (expert)
- Strong Project Management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with little or no supervision (expert)
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with the proven ability to develop personnel (expert)
- International supply chain experience (intermediate)
- Experience using an ERP processing system (intermediate)
- Practical knowledge of Lean business practices (expert)
- Manage metrics with action plans and bowlers in strict accordance with the Strategic Deployment Process.
- Must possess a strong bias for action
- Experience creating and managing both vendor management inventory and consignment programs
- CPM, or CPIM certification is a plus
Employee must be able to travel up to 30% of the time (domestic and international).
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled