The primary responsibilities are to sell products and provide primary inside contact for a group of independent sales representatives and customers assigned by geographic regions or products. Additionally, the candidate will provide project coordination and document control for orders they process. Some administrative assistance duties will be required.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Respond to RFQs, build quotes, and send pricing to customers in a timely manner
- Provide customers, Independent Sales Representatives and distributors with technical information
- Solve mildly complex technical and business objections of prospective customers
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Process inbound sales calls and promote sales by focusing on salable features and adjacent products
- Coordinate and manage quote and sales order activity between Sales, Engineering, Production, Traffic, and Accounting departments
- Coordinate, manage, and communicate quote and order status/updates/expedites with representatives, consulting engineers, contractors, distributors
- Review specifications and Terms and Conditions of Sale at proposal stage
- Assure that the specifications and Terms and Conditions of a sale are priced correctly, are included in the quotations and are included in the Order Write-up
- Process orders by entering into ERP system, including assigning part numbers, checking pricing, commissions, etc.
- Correspond with traffic department and customer on scheduled ship dates and expedite requests
- Conduct proactive job identification of potential projects when instructed
- Comply with all safety and health regulations and maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- Participation in special projects and other duties may be assigned, including Kaizen events and other continuous improvement/lean activities
High School diploma required, higher education degree is strongly desirable
- 2+ years of Technical sales experience
- Strong telephone and email skills (expert)
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. (expert)
- Time management, communication, Customer service, and interpersonal skills. (intermediate)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) (intermediate)
- Experience entering data into an ERP system. Experience using Epicor is preferred (intermediate)
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with manufacturing processes (basic)
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Experience acting as a liaison between multiple departments
- Problem solving and decision-making capabilities (Required / Expert)
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, and conflict resolution skills including professional phone and email etiquette. (Required / Expert)
- Must have a strong customer focus and the ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of Red Valve’s product line (Required / Expert)
- Ability to read and understand contract documents, specifications and engineering drawings. (Required / Intermediate)
- Previous experience in a metric driven, low volume/high mix, fast-paced manufacturing environment (Preferred / Intermediate)
- Practical understanding of Lean business practices and Continuous Improvement process implementation (Preferred / Basic)
Employee must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender