Pay: $18.50 per hour
Sign-On Bonus: $1,000
Red Valve Gastonia is looking for a Builder
to join our Assembly Team. This position will focus on setting up, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting manufacturing production equipment to manufacture products according to production specifications, schedules, volume/cost/wastage targets, and quality standards. The role will require moving, packing, and sorting raw materials or finished goods. Additionally, you will need to monitor the quality of output to identify, discard, or re-manufacture faulty products and maintain accurate daily production records. Works under close supervision with little autonomy. Works with clearly defined methods and tasks that are described in detail. Follows established safety/environmental practices and regulations.
Since 1953, Red Valve has set the standard for solving the world’s toughest flow control challenges through unmatched elastomer design and manufacturing experience. Red Valve is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations with proven, creative, high-value solutions.
Red Valve has a passion for innovation and creativity, with a wealth of patents and best approaches developed for customers' needs. The people of Red Valve embrace this passion every day, providing reliable solutions to customers' most demanding challenges, wherever and whenever they are needed most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Correctly reads job specifications from Build Sheet, to determine exact material required and builds/assembles/cuts materials to produce sub-assemblies or finished products
- Forms/Cuts/Lays various types of elastomers by hand or with various manufacturing equipment
- Ensures that all equipment and tools are maintained in working order
- Tracks production via daily management and ERP system
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards
- Participate in Kaizen events and continuous improvement/lean initiatives
- Maintain work cell through 5S and housekeeping
- May need to operate a forklift
- Participates in special projects as required
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience preferred
- Assembly experience preferred
- Ability to work either 1st or 3rd shift
- Basic mathematical abilities preferred
- Basic ability to read blueprints and build sheets preferred
- Ability to operate mandrels, cranes, hoists, and other various equipment typical in a manufacturing environment, as well as various hand power tools preferred
- Ability to perform physical manufacturing work; good mechanical aptitude preferred
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to pass a background check and a ten panel drug screening
- Experience working with the following materials is preferred: rubber, elastomers, metals
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of one year related manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in manufacturing.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.